Jesse Parker coaches the Bearkat middle and long distance runners and serves as the recruiting coordinator for the Track & Field / Cross Country program. Since joining the staff in 2003, his runners have earned All-Southland Conference 63 times, won 18 SLC individual titles, garnered NCAA All-Region cross country honors five times and have broken school records in 16 of the NCAA’s 20 endurance events.
· During the 2014-2015 seasons the Bearkat endurance runners saw school records fall in the Men’s 800m Run (Jeffrey Moore, 1:51.58) and Women’s 5000m Run (Ana Moreno, 17:22.06) during the indoor season and the Men’s Sprint Medley Relay (3:17.79) during the outdoor season. The Bearkats also produced all-conference individual performances in Women’s Cross Country, the Men’s 800m Run (indoor), the Women’s 800m Run (outdoor) and the Men’s 3000m Steeplechase.
· The 2014 Track & Field seasons saw the Bearkat endurance runners earn 8 All-SLC honors, break 7 school records and win 3 individual conference championships to go along with two team championships (Women’s Indoor & Women’s Outdoor). Highlights include De’Quad Binder winning both the indoor and outdoor SLC titles in the Men’s 800m Run. His outdoor mark of 1:49.80 set a new SHSU record and qualified him for the NCAA West Preliminary Championships. On the women’s side, Alyssa Dooley finished her outstanding career setting SHSU records in the outdoor Women’s 800m Run (2:10.01) and Women’s 1500m Run (4:26.06) as well as winning the Women’s 1500m Run at the outdoor SLC championships. Freshmen Olivia Olguin also won the Southland Outdoor Track & Field Women’s Freshmen of the year honors after finishing runner up in the 10,000m Run and 4th place in the 5,000m Run.
· The 2012-2013 school year saw the Women’s Cross Country Team take home the SLC Runner-Up Trophy with 4 freshmen making up the top 5 runners. On the track, Alyssa Dooley lowered the SHSU School Records in the Indoor 800m and Indoor Mile Runs. She became the first Bearkat Female Distance Runner to win the SLC Championship in the Indoor Mile as well as anchoring the DMR to a conference championship. Freshmen De’Quad Binder won the Men’s Outdoor 800m run and senior Clint Anders ran 3:52.30 in the Men’s 1500m Run to finish 3rd at the SLC Championships.
· In 2012, the Bearkats broke school records in the 1000m Run (indoor), 1500m Run, 3000m Run (indoor) and the Distance Medley Relay (indoor). Junior Alyssa Dooley lowered the Women’s 1500m Run record to 4:30.61 and became the first female Bearkat to run under 5-minutes indoors in the 1 Mile Run. Freshmen Solenn Riou set a new school record in the Women’s 3000m Run (indoor) with a time of 10:05.75.
· The 2011 Track & Field seasons saw Alyssa Dooley run 4:35.73 as she took 2nd place at the Southland Conference Outdoor Championships and the Women’s Sprint Medley Relay lower their school record to 3:58.67 as they took 4th place that the Texas Relays.
· 2009 was dominated by the Bearkat middle distance runners at Matt Stephenson broke the indoor school record in the 1000m Run and Devyn Mitchell won the Southland Conference Outdoor 800m Championship after running a personal best time of 2:11.96 at the Michael Johnson Classic in April.
· In 2008 Bearkat distance runners broke the school record in the indoor Distance Medley Relay at the SLC Indoor Conference Meet, finishing 2nd in the event. Allison Ferries and Whitney Rister went on to finish 1-2, respectively, in the 3,000m steeplechase at the SLC Outdoor Conference Meet.
· In 2007 Morten Munkholm broke SHSU School Records in the 1500m at the Michael Johnson Classic in April and the Indoor 3,000m record at the Houston Invitational in February. Allison Ferries also broke the SHSU School Record in the 3,000m steeplechase at the Texas Relays, running 10:49.06 which qualified her for the NCAA Regional Championships.
· At the 2006 SLC outdoor, senior Brandon Moseley was the men's high point scorer as the both the men and women won their second consecutive league title.
· At the 2005 SLC outdoor meet, Sarah Hershman became the first SHSU female distance runner to win an individual SLC title since 1990 when she won the 3,000m steeplechase. The men scored in every event, including a 1-2-3-4 finish in the 5,000m run and Raul Villarreal was named as the high point scorer of the meet after winning the 10000m Run, the 3000m Steeplechase, and the 5000m Run.
· In 2004, four Bearkat men placed among the top 10 in the Southland cross country meet to earn All-SLC honors.