|Meredith and Miriam York Track & Field Complex|
| FROM DALLAS / FORT WORTH ON INTERSTATE 45
* Go south on Interstate 45
* Take Exit 115 (third Huntsville exit)
* Left across interstate, following Montgomery Road (Hwy 1374) past Dairy Queen
* Continue straight through stoplight at intersection of Montgomery Road and Sam Houston Blvd.
* Next stop sign is Bowers Blvd. with Bowers Stadium on your right and Johnson Coliseum at the bottom of the hill on your left
* Parking is available between Johnson Coliseum and Bowers Stadium
FROM HOUSTON ON INTERSTATE 45
FROM EAST (TRINITY / LIVINGSTON)
FROM WEST (BRYAN / AUSTIN) ON HIGHWAY 30
| Miriam and Meredith York were long-term benefactors of Sam Houston and the Bearkat track and field program who contributed more than a half million dollars the amount which the Yorks have given to Sam Houston State over the years.
Meredith York received a bachelor of science degree and teaching certificate from Sam Houston State in 1935 and master's degree from the University of Houston in 1947.
He was a teacher and coach of football, basketball and track at Timpson, Corrigan, Granger, Humble, Bellville and Caldwell High Schools. He and Mrs. York always had time to support SHSU. He served as vice president of the Alumni Association and was named to the Athletic Hall of Honor in 1977 and presented a Distinguished Alumni Award in 1983.
After teaching and coaching, Meredith York was public schools supervisor for Austin County from 1959-61 and county school superintendent of Lee County from 1965-74.
Mrs. York attended the University of Houston, receiving degrees in 1943 and 1947, and attended Sam Houston State in the summer of 1959.