Sam Houston Licensing Contacts
Learfield Licensing Partners, LLC
8900 Keystone Crossing
Indianapolis, IN 46240
Senior Brand Manager - Learfield Licensing
About Learfield Licensing Partners
Sam Houston State University partnered with Strategic Marketing Affiliates (SMA) in 2012 as SHSU’s Licensing Agency to assist in brand management and licensing operations of the University. Learfield Sports recently acquired both SMA and Licensing Resource Group (LRG). All personnel and operating procedures of these two businesses have been streamlined into one business and rebranded as Learfield Licensing Partners. Learfield Licensing Partners will provide the same exceptional, quality service previously delivered by LRG and SMA brands – now complemented by Learfield’s rich history, high integrity and trusted reputation.
Officially Licensed Product
The mission of Sam Houston State University's licensing program is to protect and promote the University brand and to ensure the public can properly identify and associate the University's name and logos with officially licensed products bearing the University's marks. All University trademarks are the property of the university.
The purpose of University's licensing program is to ensure that Sam Houston State University's brand identity is properly represented on products and services marketed to the both the University community and the public. The licensing program is responsible for determining if a product and/or design are consistent with the goals and image of University. The program also ensures the quality, content, production and distribution of products meets University's standards.
In order to produce products bearing the marks of the University, manufacturers and vendors must be a licensee of the University. For more information on becoming a Sam Houston State University Licensee or on the services LLP provides, including a copy of the application and license agreement, visit Learfield Licensing Partners at learfieldlicensing.com.
When purchasing Sam Houston State product, consumers should always look for the following characteristics to ensure the merchandise they purchase is officially licensed:
- All officially licensed merchandise should display the "Officially Licensed Collegiate Product" hologram somewhere on the product or hang tag (currently using SMA).
- The merchandise should depict Sam Houston State logos and marks in a tasteful manner, as the University does not approve distasteful designs.
- The tag on the garment should be intact. A torn or missing tag is evidence of a second-hand garment, one that probably would not meet the stringent quality standards in place at the University.
- All merchandise should bear the name of the manufacturer somewhere on the product, either in the form of a hang tag or neck label, or should be screen-printed directly on the garment.
- All merchandise should have the appropriate trademark designations (i.e. TM or ®) next to a specific name or design.
Licensed Sam Houston State merchandise is available at the following locations in Huntsville, and the surrounding areas:
Academy Sports + Outdoors: (five locations)
- 281 I-45 South, Huntsville, TX 77340
- 1420 N. Loop 336 W., Conroe, TX 77304
- 1360 Lake Woodlands Dr., The Woodlands, TX 77380
- 7130 Eastex Frwy, Beaumont, TX 77708
- 2351 Earl Rudder Freeway South, College Station, TX 77845
Barefoot Athletics: 1928 Sam Houston Ave., Huntsville, TX 77340
Bearkat Books: (two locations)
- 2222 Avenue I, Huntsville, TX 77341
- 2223 Avenue J, Huntsville, TX 77341
Bed, Bath & Beyond: 2920 Interstate 45 North, Conroe, TX 77303
Fanzz: (four locations)
- Oak Park Mall
- First Colony Mall
- The Woodlands Mall
- Baybrook Mall
- Katy Mills Mall
Finish Line: The Woodlands Mall, The Woodlands, TX 77380
HomeGrown Marketplace: 1108 16th Street, Huntsville, TX, 77340
Inscriptions of the Heart: 1117 12th Street, Huntsville, TX 77340
Kampus Korner Bookstore: 2220 Sam Houston Avenue, Huntsville, TX 77340
Lids: (four locations)
- 1111 League Rd SP162, Conroe, TX 77303
- 1500 Harvey Rd 6020, College Station, TX 77840
- 1201 Lake Woodlands Dr. SP2144, The Woodlands, TX 77380
- 1201 Lake Woodlands Dr. The Woodlands, TX 77380 (Inside Macy's Department Store)
Sam Houston State University Bookstore: 1805 Avenue J, Huntsville, TX 77341
Sports Fan-Attic: The Woodlands Mall, The Woodlands, TX 77380
Target: 259 I-45 South, Huntsville, TX 77340
Walgreens: 1570 11th Street, Huntsville, TX 77340
Walmart: 141 Interstate 45 South, Huntsville, TX 77340
Due to inventory levels, consumers should call ahead of time to make sure product is still available.
Academy Sport + Outdoors: Academy.com
SHSU Athletics Team Store: BearkatGear.com*
Sam Houston State University Bookstore: SHSU.BNCollege.com/
*BearkatGear.com is the official SHSU Athletics Team Store. The site carries more than 1,400 products specific to Sam Houston State University, where you can order online and have shipped directly to your home.
Internal Campus Suppliers
Attached in the "Related Links" box at the top of this story is a list of current vendors that have been approved by the University to produce product. If you are currently using a company that is not on this list, please make them aware of this new policy so they can begin the licensing process.
All materials being produced by outside vendors for entities within the university, including but not limited to - campus departments, faculty, athletics teams, fraternities, sororities, campus organizations, and alumni relations - must first be approved through the licensing process before it can be produced for these entities. Whether the purpose of the merchandise is for sale or distribution by the university, the supplier must be a licensed vendor of the university.
Forms are provided in the "Related Links" box at the top of this page for campus employees to order licensed merchandise for their department.
Becoming a Licensed Vendor/Manufacturer
The producing and/or selling of unlicensed material that bears the trademarked logos and marks of Sam Houston State University is a state and federal offense punishable by fine and confiscation of product. For more information about obtaining a license, please direct inquiries to John Mybeck of LLP at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications to become a licensee may also be found here.