Playoff tickets went on sale via the internet Sunday night at www.gobearkats.com/tickets . The Sam Houston athletic ticket office located in the Ron Mafrige Field House at Bowers Stadium will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of Thanksgiving week.
Tickets will be available online throughout the Thanksgiving weekend. The ticket office will be open daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. the leading of the Cal Poly game.
"The huge crowds we had for last year's three home playoff victories helped our team so much," SHSU head coach Willie Fritz said. "We're hoping for another record attendance to kickoff our 2012 playoff run Dec. 1."
With the opportunity to host as many multiple games if the Bearkats win Dec. 1 and other seeded teams fall, Sam Houston State is offering special NCAA playoff series packages.
Sam Houston 2012 season ticket holders have the first right to purchase a playoff series package in their same seat location at Bowers Stadium. However, season ticket holders must commit to the complete package this week to hold seats.
NCAA playoff series packages are available in the bleacher reserved seats immediately. Again, customers must commit to purchasing all home games to hold tickets.
Season ticket holders have all week to reserve their series package. Any new buyer interested in chairbacks should call the ticket office and as we will instructed to call the office Tuesday, November 27.
Bleacher reserved season ticket holders also have all week to reserve their series package.
Single game general admission tickets will go on sale Sunday at 6 p.m.
Other important NCAA Playoff ticket information:
- All Chairback Playoff Package purchasers will receive parking for each playoff game(bleacher reserved do not receive parking)
- All Playoff Package orders will be charged a $5 one time order processing fee for the series package. They will not be charged subsequent $5 fees throughout the remainder of the playoffs
- All single game tickets will be charged a $2 per ticket fee, but will not be charged an overall order processing fee
- Season ticket holders will be given the option to reserve their current seating location for the entire playoffs by purchasing the Playoff Package beginning on Sunday, November 18th at 6pm
- Season ticket holders must commit to the entire series reserve their seats.
- Any chairbacks that are not sold to season ticket holders as a playoff package will be opened to the general public to be purchased as a playoff package. These patrons will also be given priority for National Championship game after season ticketholders. (**subject to avilabilit
- Bleacher Reserved
- Season ticket holders will be given the option to reserve their seats for the entire playoffs by purchasing the Playoff Package beginning on Sunday, November 18th at 6p
- Bleacher reserved seats that were not sold on a season basis will be made available for purchase to the general public with the option of purchasing a Playoff Package for every home football game or on a single event basis online, beginning Sunday, November 18th at 6pm
- General Admission
- General admission will be sold only on a single game basis for $15 on both the West and East sides of Bowers
- Sales will begin online Sunday, November 18th at 6pm and will continue until sold out.
- Student ticket sales will take place on the main Campus Mall on Monday, November 19th, Tuesday, November 20th, and Monday, November 26 through Thursday, November 29th from 10am-2pm.
- Student tickets will be $5
- Students & General Public can also purchase tickets at the West Side Box Office M-F 12pm-6pm beginning Monday, November 26th.
- Will-call will be available for pickup at the West Side Box Office M-F 12pm-6pm beginning Monday, November 26th.
- Playoff Package purchasers(both chairback and bleacher reserved) will automatically be charged for each successive home playoff game on the Sunday following the previous playoff game
For complete coverage of the NCAA Division I football championship, follow the action on www.gobearkats.com .
Customers with any questions may contact the Sam Houston athletic ticket office at (936) 294-1729. The ticket office is located in the Ron Mafrige Field House at Elliott T. Bowers Stadium.
Ticket office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Wednesday of Thanksgiving week and Monday through Friday the week of the first Bearkat playoff game.
Kickoff time and television information will be announced later in the week.