HUNTSVILLE - The Sam Houston State softball team has set its walk-on tryout date for prospective student-athletes for the 2019-20 season on Aug. 28 at 5 p.m.
To be allowed to participate in the tryout, all prospective participants must meet the following criteria:
• Obtain a walk-on tryout packet by Aug. 24 and complete and return it to head coach Garrett Valis by Aug. 26
• Must have had a physical within the last six months (must be signed by a doctor and include proof of insurance)
• Must be enrolled in at least 12 hours at SHSU for the Fall 2019 semester
• Must be able to be cleared by the NCAA Eligibility Center
• Must not have any classes after 2 p.m. for the Fall 2019 semester
For more information, email Coach Valis at email@example.com.